Start an NCTM Student Affiliate!
Jill Sumerlin NCTM ASC Western Rep 2Start an NCTM Student Affiliate!
- Build professional community on your campus.
- Engage preservice teachers across all grade levels.
- Develop pride in our future mathematics teachers.
- Provide a platform for focused discussions on mathematics education.
- Help prepare highly qualified teachers.
- Develop future leaders in mathematics education.
Other benefits of being a Student Affiliate of NCTM:
- Active student members are entitled to a FREE NCTM e-Membership*
- Linked with the world's largest mathematics teachers organization and its 200+ Affiliates around the world;
- Linked with other student groups across the country;
- Regular communication from NCTM's Affiliate Services and the Affiliate Services Committee;
- Active student members of NCTM Student Affiliates will receive complimentary NCTM Student E-Membership;
- The faculty advisor will receive a complimentary registration to one NCTM Regional Conference and Expositon annually;
- The faculty advisor will receive a letter of recognition for his/her services.
FREE NCTM E-Membership Benefit to NCTM Student Affiliates
- The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) is proud to provide free NCTM Student e-Memberships to all active student members of an NCTM Student Affiliate. The NCTM Student E-Membership, a $42 value, includes:
For more information contact: Jill Sumerlin NCTM ASC Western Rep 2 at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a link to request a membership packet and I can help you review before sending in. One idea is that you do not have to have high dues. Many student affiliates have dues of $5 to $10 and the student Affiliate dues are $90 per year, with students getting a $42 value, it is well worth it.
Start an NCTM Student Affiliate.pdf
Tips for Starting an Affiliates.pdf